In the event of a fire……..
- Alert other members. It is a good idea to keep a bell and flashlight in each bedroom
- Stay low to the ground when escaping
- Feel all doors before opening them. If a door is hot, get out another way
- Learn to stop, drop to the ground, roll if clothes catch fire
- Cool a burn. If someone gets burned, immediately place the wound under cool water for 10 to 15 minutes. If the burn blisters or chars, see a doctor immediately!
- Give first aid where appropriate. Seriously injured victims should be transported to professional medical help immediately. Stay out of the damaged building. Return only when fire authorities say it is safe.
Make sure all family members know what to do in the event of a fire!